Coconut Biscuit / Kobri Biscuit

I have made one more type of Cookie / Biscuit that is Coconut Biscuit. In kannada we call it as kobri biscuit. This you will get it in all indian bakeries. I just love this biscuit.

PS : Depends upon the Oven..Please be sure the temparatures of the oven may vary for different ovens. It may over heat or some may have less heat. The best way is to start on low heat then you can make it high later.

Ingredients
  • Maida / Plain flour - 150 grms
  • Sugar Powder - 100 grms
  • Butter (unsalted) - 100 grms
  • Coconut Dry Shredded - 60 grms
  • Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)


Method
  • Cream sugar and butter till fluffy
  • Add maida, coconut, baking powder and cardamom powder mix well
  • Knead to a soft dough
  • Divide the dough into small squares or cut into desired shape. On top of raisins on each biscuit
  • Place the biscuits on a greased baking tray
  • Bake at 320 F (160 C ) for about 15 minutes
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

16 comments

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi,
This recipe sounds good.....will surely try :)....I have opened my blog recently please do visit http://authenticfooddelights.blogspot.com/
Thank you

Dori said...

Sounds delicious!

Kannada Cuisine said...

Wow! Kobri biscuit... reminds me of Iyengar bakery!!

Cynthia said...

I love coconut biscuits!

Happy Holidays!

AnuSriram said...

That looks perfect and nice...

Sumathi said...

wow.. nice one..looks perfect .
Ya i am a tamil iyengar..

Unknown said...

Oh my! this is my fav kind of cookie, I had almost forgotten the taste of it, reminds me of bakery.
Thanks Mala for the recipe...looks delicious. Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

nice recipe..will try sometime..

Pavithra Kodical said...

Biscuits are mouthwatering..Can i grab some :)Happy holidays.

Red Chillies said...

Very nice, Kobbari biscuit is one of my favorite. Happy Holidays to you all Vanamala!

jayasree said...

Biscuits looks delicious. I love coconut biscuits.

Happy holidays.

Cham said...

The coco biscuit sounds tasty ,reminds the coconut cake! Happy Holidays :)

anudivya said...

I remember eating them in bakeries back home, so reminds me of that!
Lovely.Happy Holidays!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow its my fav...looks delicious..am missing these delicious cookies...

Srikitchen said...

wow! this looks delicious and yum! its one of my favorite too!
do visit my blog when u find time!

notyet100 said...

hmmm this looks nice,..n yum,..wish u nd ur family a very happy nd prosperous new yr,...