Capsicum Rotti


At everybody’s home, everyone prepares casual rotti's (akki rotti), it’s made of putting onions / carrots etc., for rice flour and mixing it. But my mom tried this akki rotti with capsicum and potato, we loved it because potato gives crispy taste and it comes with the thin crust. So u can keep on eating :D
As much as you want :)
Here when I tried just as my mom did, my husband loved it very much and I will do it very frequently. You can taste capsicum rotti with coconut chutney. Try out and tell me how you liked it.

Ingredients
  • Rice flour - 2 cups
  • Grated Capsicum - 1 cup
  • Grated Potato - 1/3 cup
  • Grated Coconut - 1 cup
  • Green chillies - 1/2 tsp
  • Coriander leaves - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Water - 1 cup
  • Oil
Method
  1. Mix coconut, rice flour, potato, capsicum, green chillies, salt and coriander leaves
  2. Add water and make a dough. Set aside for few minutes
  3. Put some oil on tawa (cooled tawa)
  4. Take a small portion of the mixture and spread it on tawa
  5. Make a small holes in between the rotti and put oil around the rotti
  6. Close the lid and allow to cook on both the sides
  7. Cook till Brownish in colour.
Serve with Pickle Or Coconut Chatuney

| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2007 | | All rights reserved

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I was wondering what to prepare for breakfast today...and was just searching the internet. Found your recipe and tried it :) I'm a budding cook...and my husband loved it a lot :) Thanks for sharing