Ragi Dose | Ragi Dosa | Millet Flour Dosa



Healthy and more protein breakfast. As we all know ragi/millet flour is good for health. This is my amma's recipe


Ingredients
  • Ragi flour / Finger millet flour - 2 cups
  • Upma semolina/Rave  -1 cup
  • Baking soda - a pinch
  • Salt to taste
  • sour curds - 1 cup
  • Onion (finely chopped) - 1/2 cup (optional)
  • Jeera seeds - 1 tsp

Method

  1. In a bowl mix all ingredients mix together using little water. Regular Dose consistency
  2. In a small pan add oil and onions fry till lightly cook
  3. Heat flat griddle or dosa tawa. Sprinkle onions do it before pouring batter or after batter (optional)
  4. Then pour the laddle full of batter spread like pancake (round) put oil in it. Close the lid and Cook on both the sides
  5. Serve with ghee / butter & chutney / pickle
PS : please note for more crispiness add 1 tbsp rice flour



 
 
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

13 comments

FH said...

Ragi dose, khara chutney! Slurp!!:))

Uma said...

Looks Yummy!

Suganya said...

Except for onions, I use the same recipe for ragi dosa. Without urad dal, the dosa becomes cracked and dry. Thanks for your participation, Vanamala.

Pooja V said...

i just loved this heathy dosa.

DEEPA said...

quite a healthy one lady!!!!

DK said...

I never used methi to this before. Thats a nice idea! why dint i think of it before! :) Good and healthy one

KayKat said...

Hmm ... never tried ragi dosas, I was never a fan of ragi kanji growing up. Maybe I should give this a shot - build my ragi muscles :)

Meera said...

Nice recipe. I make it differently without urad daal - kind of like rawa dosa. with urad dal and methi it will taste even better. I will try soon and will let u know.

Red Chillies said...

Mala, I had heard about Raagi with Uraad daal, but I had never tried it. I make the usual Raagi rotti. Hey, do you have to put in the yogurt after the batter is fermented?

EC said...

you can even make ragi idli with the same batter..i have the dosa and idli on my blog too, although the dosa is an instant one...This one is surely tempting

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

My mom used to make it too!! Thanx for reminding :)

Dhivya said...

Great entry mala....mu hubby loves ragi dosa..i've tried several times but it didnt turn up good..ur version looks great...will surely try

Laavanya said...

This looks great! My mom made it similarly and served with a spicy chilly chutney. Yum!
Your dumrote halwa looks too good.