Gojju

Some of my blog viewers and friends have suggested that i haven't posted Gojju in my kitchen world. So I have made simple gojju..anybody can easily prepare this...more useful for cooking learners/bachelors etc., this will match with hot plain rice Or chapati Or roti. And also it will be more useful for lunch boxes.

This gojju can be done with onion-tomato-capsicum combination, or can do with spring onions / eggplant (brinjal)/ okra (ladies finger) / plain tomato / plain onion gives a very good taste.





Ingredients


  1. Onion - 1 cup, chopped
  2. Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup, chopped
  3. Tomato - 1 cup, chopped
  4. Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
  5. Jaggery - 2 to 3 tbsp (add jaggery to sweeten the taste accordingly)
  6. Rasam powder - 1 tbsp
  7. Salt to taste
  8. Water - 1 & 1/2 cup
  9. Oil - 2 tsp
  10. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tso
  11. Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
  12. Chana dal - 1 tsp (optional)
  13. Curry Leaves - 1 stalk
  14. Rice flour paste - 2 tsp (Water + Rice flour)

Method
  1. Heat oil in a pan, Add mustard seeds, allow to splutter. Add hing, curry leaves
  2. Add chopped onion, capsicum stir fry, till they are well cooked.
  3. Add tomato stirfry.
  4. Add water boil for few minutes
  5. Add rasam powder, tamarind, salt & Jaggery. Bring to boil.
  6. Add rice flour paste(for thickness) stir well, till it becomes a semi thick.
  7. Serve hot

| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved |

7 comments

Uma said...

wow, what an easy gojju! looks so delicious. lovely recipe.

Deepa Kuber said...

That looks sooooooo delicious. I wish i could have it right now :)
beutiful pic vanamala.

EC said...

Lovely colour of the gojju...nice one

Vani said...

I love gojjus! I have a capsicum onion gojju & capsicum/brinjal gojju on my blog. I used coconut in both. Yous looks delicious!

FH said...

Gojju looks fab Mala. I am making Tomato dosa from Lavanya, gojju will make it perfect.
Your Vada Pav was delcious, I used Meeera's Garlic chutney inside!:)

Prema Sundar said...

gojju looks great nad has got a lovely color. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

vanamala, I checked this recipe, sounds cool.Loved the combo.