Announcing Kids Food Event

“I love it, Mom. This is my favourite”

Hello Friends

I am planning to start kid's food event.

I just had an idea to start this Kid’s food event as you all have other types of events.

Kids do normally have their own kind of favorite foods. Some kids do not like anything which is sweet. (Just like my own 2 year old) And some kids do have only sweets and do not have anything spicy. So all moms at home prepare something which her baby likes and she feels happy and satisfied if her baby is happy.


For that, getting kids to eat well can be a never-ending battle. To make it easier for you, I've pulled together nutrition tips and suggestions for foods that you and your kids will love. Kids need some fat in their diets to stay healthy — so for that, Fruits and vegetables are like nutrition.They make your plate more colorful and they're packed with vitamins and fiber.


The dishes may also be something which your neighbour / friend / relative who specially do it for their own kids. It may also be just “French Fries” which you prepare yourself with less oil and fresh potatos unlike Mac or Burger King where it is the frozen & oily type and you don’t want your kids to eat them. It can also be the favourite dish of your kid/s which you make.


To Participate


  1. Post your kid's recipe on your blog, Now on till February 29th 2008.

  2. Please note Kid's Event in the subject line, and include the following:
    Your name
    Your blog name
    URL of your post
    Photo of your each entry

  3. Email me at nalapaka@gmail.com

  4. If you do not have a blog but still wish to participate, mail me your recipe and photos if you have them, and I will post it in the roundup.

  5. The roundup of lovely kids’ dishes will be March 1st week.

I look forward your lovely dishes. Thank you for reading and your co-operation.

16 comments

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

hmmm... interesting!!! but what about the ones who dont have kids???!?! like me.... Can we cook for our Neices, Nephews/ friend's kid??!! :D

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Oh yeah sure ramya .... Why not?

Finla said...

My daughter is 15 so i can't say any lore kids.
But she still loves some of the dishes i used to make them when she was little.
So i will send you something

Anonymous said...

my daughter is two like ur on.count me in too.
madhavi

Roopa said...

wow great event mala will try to participate dear :)

Jayashree said...

Iam so looking forward to your round-up so I can get lots of ideas for my daughter.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thank you so much fnds...

DK said...

Good theme although I dont have any kids yet! will think and see if I can chip in for this event :)

Sia said...

i still think i am a small kid;) is it counted?? he he he... wonderful event mala. will see what i can come up with

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thank you dhivya and sia

Raks said...

I am also in!Cute event! Thanx for organising! All mothers will post their kids favourite and others can also get more idea to cook for kids!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
This is a nice idea. And I am glad that there's all of Feb. to send in an entry. I will definitely post something for this.

Siri said...

Vanamala - got to ur about ur kiddo event just now.. Added that to my list of events n roundups.. U can find the link here

www.events-n-roundups.blogspot.com/

I don't have any kids ( a.k.a still a spinster), but will try to contribute..:)

~ Siri

amna said...

have sent u an entry. Do confirm when you get it :)

Lakshmi said...

A very good event....We have few holidays in next week, will sure make something. Bookmarked the event..

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanamala, Got to c ur event recently and it's interesting. I have sent u an entry.