Vada Pav

Vada Pav. This is very popular roadside snack in bombay (mumbai),Maharastra. It is referred to as Bombay Burger. When i was in mumbai few years back. I was so impressed with this snack (Aloo bonda in a bun). Almost every evening myself and my husband used to eat chaats includes vada pav outside. Later when we moved to UK and then to US i started to do it at home. But one thing is that the taste is different from the road side eateries (junk food stalls) :-). Not sure why... But it is still very tasty to eat as a snack.







Batata Vada (Aloo Bonda) (click here for the recipe).
Pav / Bread rolls ( available in the grocery store )
for Sprinkling
Green chilli chutney & Chutney Powder
Method
  1. Heat griddle / tawa grease the butter & shallow fry the pav on the both sides. Remove & keep aside
  2. grease the green chilli chutney on the other side. Aagain another side grease chutney powder. In between the pav, place the vada.

 
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

19 comments

AnuSriram said...

Lovely entry! Looks tempting... Im drooling here. BTW i have tagged you for a MeMe.. visit my blog for details!

Uma said...

Looks so yummy! never tried it. Love to try it.

By the way, are you interested in Arusuvai friendship chain? I am not sure if someone else has already contacted you. If you would like to be a part of it, please email me your mailing address so that I can send you the secret ingredient. My email id: umablogs@gmail.com

Dhivya said...

innovative idea vanamala...looks yummy

Kalai said...

Wonderful guilty pleasure! :)

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhh!!!! Lovely! I used to have this a lot during college...

Meera said...

Yum!! My favorite. Give me vada pav any day, any time, I will happily eat it!! Looks so delicious!:-)

Unknown said...

looks delicious!!!

Unknown said...

the vada pav looks very inviting..lovely entry.

Sia said...

mala, thank you for sending this wonderful street food:) it was my usual evening snack during hostel days:)

EC said...

U r tempting me with these...i used to have a lot of these when in mumbai..

Lavanya Raj said...

I just want to grab...great entry.

FH said...

Great entry, I have never eaten this in Mumbai but looks and sounds delicious. Bun, spicy chutney and bonda, what's not to like? :))
Hope you got my Arusuvai, Maheswari got it last week!:)

Finla said...

I love them. When ever we are in Mumbai i eat them.

Unknown said...

Hi Vanamala..
I enjoyed these Vadapav s during my first trip to mumbai last year..Loved them a lot..nice seeing it here in ur blog..Ill surely try them

DEEPA said...

This is a perfect vada pav....I remm those days back in india where i used to eat them at VT station !!!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Anu : Thank you

Uma : Thank you

Dhivya : Yeah really nice snack, thank you

Kalai : Thank you

Ramya : Yeah its my fav..thank you

Meera : Thanks a lot

sowmya : Thank you so much

Sia : My pleasure to contribute this event. Thank you

saswati : Thanks a lot

Easycraft : Me too..lovely snack.. Thank you

Lavi : Thanks a lot

asha : Yeah i got .... thank you so much

happycook : Thank you...Me 2

divya : Thats nice....Thank you..ya try it

deepa : Yeah .....even i also remembered those days... Thank you

Laavanya said...

The vada pav looks delectable! :)

ranji said...

hi vanamala...
thanks for stopping by site..and leaving a commment..
vadapav!!wow!!been avery long time since i had this dish.It reminds me of my college days in manipal...i love it very much...had it for the first time thr:)....

UjjU said...

That is so yummy. Never knew it as Bombay Burger. Will get it a try some day. Thanks for sharing the recipe.