Cheesy Potato Pops

Some time back when i was browsing for something on google. I got this recipe of potato pops by tarla dalal. So Started to make them for my son. No wonder he loves that. By making this a bit spicy anyone can enjoy this. Lovely taste ... thought to share this recipe . This will be one my entries to my event Kid's Food Event and also sending this to The Potato Fe(a)st, hosted by DK's Culinary Bazaar 





Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 12 to 15 minutes Makes 8 pops.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
  • ¼ cup grated carrots
  • 1 brown bread slice, soaked and squeezed
  • ½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste
  • 2 tbsp chopped coriander
  • A pinch sugar
  • 1 cheese cube
  • 2 tsp oil for cooking
  • Salt to taste

Method

  1. Cut the cheese cube into 8 equal pieces and keep aside.
  2. Soak the bread slice in a bowl of water. Squeeze out the water and mash the bread.
  3. In a bowl place the mashed bread and add potatoes, carrots, green chilli paste, coriander, sugar, salt and mix well.
  4. Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
  5. Place a cheese cube in the centre of each round and shape into ovals.
  6. Pierce a candy stick into each oval and press the potato pops on the stick making an oval shape. Keep aside.
  7. Cook both sides on a lightly greased non-stick pan till golden brown.

Serve hot.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

19 comments

Rupa said...

Looks gr8.My kids love potatoes..khanditha ee dish maduttene
..:-)

Finla said...

Looks so good. And easy for kids to pick it up and eat.

FH said...

Cutlet lollipop! Bet kids love it. I made a similar one too, will post this week at Aroma for you!:))

TBC said...

Sounds really good. I'm bookmarking this one. Thanks!:)

vimmi said...

Thats a great idea. the cheese will melt and become all yummy. I have made bread rolls, with very similar ingredients. Made it last week. Will blog soon.

Uma said...

wow, what a neat idea. Looks so yummy. good entry.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

This sounds like a very nice idea!! Very similar to cutlet, isn't it?

Rina said...

Thanks for this cheesy potatoe pop ups..mala.. Will love to try them.

Dhivya said...

wow..looks yummy and delicious...Will surely try this..lovely entry

bee said...

delicious!! and healthy to boot.

Manju said...

perfect for kids!! n for us tooo :))

EC said...

These look so nice and tempting..ur kid must have had a great time.

Srivalli said...

Hey those are so tempting..am sure kids will love them...will have to try for my daughter.

Siri said...

I was planning to make Paneer Lollpops and now I see Aloo pops .. hehehhehe.. nice coincidence na.. Nice entry.

Siri

EC said...

I have a surprise for you in my latest post at simple indian food..enjoy

DK said...

OMG! This is such a good luking and ambrosial recipe! Such a good idea and with less fat to boot! What else can one want! This is god sent for me.

Thanks for sending it my way Vanamala :)

Anonymous said...

Looks easy and yummy Vanamala! I'm sure my kids would love it too!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thank you

Rupa
Happy cook
Asha
EC
Rina
TBC
Uma
Ramya
Vimmi
Dhviya
Bee
Superchef
DK
Masalamagic
Siri
Srivalli

Really yummy pops...try it...

Lakshmi said...

wow..this is indeed a very interesting dish for children. I am sending my entry too! I have made sago popcorn for children. Congratulations for receiving that award.