Chatpata Pomegranate





This is a very simply chatapata snack. I just love to eat this anytime.
When we were kids, my cousins and myself we always loved to eat pomegranate this way.

Sending this to AFAM - Pomegranate, hosted by SRA from 'when my soup came alive'

Pomegranate
Salt to taste
Rasam Powder ( I feel that it tastes best when we add rasam powder rather than chilli powder ) - as per req

Mix well. Eat it rightaway, otherwise it will become watery bcos of the salt. It will not be good to eat.

Note : The same method you can have it for Guava , Tomato, Cucumber etc.,
Here is one more recipe of pomegranate salad 


| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

17 comments

FH said...

Clever idea!! Looks yummy. Lucky you found fresh Pom, I could get Pom juice. Got to make something with that!:))

FH said...

Oh btw, I didn't you had a event going on, I will put ot in my side bar. My "kids" are grown, will see if I can make something or send the one I already have for you!:)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thank you asha :)

Uma said...

Good idea! Shall try it.

Jayashree said...

Sounds so easy and good....will try it....i also like the idea of eating guava this way. thx.

Padmaja said...

Rasam powder instead of chilli powder, i love your unique twist!!

Pooja said...

Wow .
with AFAM having pomogrante this month , icna see my fav fruit around in blogs now :))

Anonymous said...

You use rasam powder, We use sambar powder and little bit sugar too. Taste great nice entry Mala..brought back memories ....

Anonymous said...

Hey if your wondering who msdhi is Its Madhu, I pressed it in a hurry.

Dhivya said...

looks easy and sounds good...Thanks for sharing,,will surely try

Siri said...

Easy Breezy snack Mala!

Siri

Meera said...

Wow, so simple yet healthy and wonderful. Thanks

sra said...

Ah! Now that's a truly unique and South Indian-style dish, thanks.

Sia said...

oh yes even i love it. but i add chat masala. next time will try with rasam powder:)

Finla said...

You are fast with the event.

Prema Sundar said...

When I was a kid i used to buy guava and mango pieces rubbed in salt and chilli powder from the raodside. I remember it when i read ur chatpat pomegranate. nice one.

EC said...

nice idea of using rasam powder...