A Celebration Of Mother's Day

Glitter Graphics

Today its mother's Day Special on my blog too.

This will be a tribute my Mom :) I would like to write some things about her :

My mom, born in Nanjangud ( a small town near Mysore) , in a Landlord Family, was the youngest daughter of 6 . As a result she was pampered by everyone at home.She completed her education in Najangud and graduated with a BA. After her graduation, she got married and moved happily into a joint family. Few years later, we had to move to differ e nt place based on my dad's job . She was working and later on she had to stop working becoz of us (myself & my sis). We had to stay away from our Dad bcos of his job and our studies. She managed to do bring us up alone and even take up some work. She struggled so much in her life but now we are glad that she is living a happy life .

She has got amazing talents like cooking, stitching, and a penchant for reading books. Apart fromt that she is more interested in religious activities ( temples , going on devotional trips) . Her favorites : Sonpapdi among sweets, Cucumber Kadag Puli among rasam/sambar, Jackfruit among fruits , Author Triveni's Series among novels, Saree (of course) among attires. She also select s our dresses, jewellery...

Myself and my sister are proud to having like this amma/mom. She is so patient, calm in everyting and manages everything efficiently. I cant forget what all she has done for us in all my growing up years . She used to wake up early in the morning to prepare tiffin boxes, evening homeworks, attend the school parent meetings etc.,and what all we like the food she used to make on that day itself . She had to cook varieties of food..becoz of our individual wishes ..she used to make all this without a small hint of fret on her face.

I dont have words to describe her.....

She taught all the good values for us. Taught us all the traditional Iyengar family customs and we still try to follow that. Amma is very enthusiastic in celebrating each and every festival/functions grandly and we 3 (myself, dad, my sis) used to help her in all these things which would make her happy. She used to start 15days earlier for goklastami festival preparations, the biggest festival for iyengars. We were eager to eat all those dishes which she used to make. Now she is so happy that her daughters are happily living with their familes. She find happiness and satisfaction in our happiness.

I am having goose bumps on my hand when I am writing so much about my mom and tears in my eyes.. amma I miss you...Being a mother myself, now i know it had been so difficult for her to bring up two daughters. Let me end this here cos there is no end to the things which i want to write about her. My mother the greatest influence in my life. Not only as a mom but also as a friend. All mothers are special in their own way.

Last but not least want to say thank you to my Patti's / Grandma's, My paternal - Maternal aunties. They did so much to myself and my sister. They are just like my amma. Till now i respect them in the same as I respect my mom.

Happy Mothers Day to all my readers.


10 comments

EC said...

Nice writeup about ur mom

Uma said...

lovely tribute to your mom, Vanamala! Happy Mother's day to you too!

Hetal said...

hey its like everybody blogger is celebrating Mother's Day.....gr8!!!I have recently started my blog and I have dedicated my todays recipe to Mothers.Would love to see u on my blog and know how did u like it?

Cham said...

Lovely Post, Happy mother's day

Unknown said...

nice post about ur mom ..

FH said...

Oh, she sounds wonderful! I can relate to her. Although Arvind comes home everyday, he works LOOONG hrs and I am almost like single mother too, always busy taking care of kids, practically doing everything alone most of the time. But its all worth when kids are honest and great citizens!:))
Great post, hope she read it.Hugs to you!

Kalai said...

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day, Vanamala! Beautiful post about your mother. She sounds like a truly inspirational woman! :)

Sia said...

wow mala, thats a beautiful tribute to ur mom. she must be so proud of u today girl. i hope she gets to read ur tribute to her:)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thank you so much friends :)

Vandana said...

Lovely post on your mom!